Wednesday, December 29, 2010
ECW Holiday Hell 1995
Today December 29th 1995 - ECW made its New York City debut, with "Holiday Hell" at Queens' Lost Battalion Hall.
- Taz defeated Koji Nakagawa by submission with the Tazmission.
- Hack Meyers pinned J.T . Smith.
- Mikey Whipwreck pinned ECW World Television and World Tag Team Champion 2 Cold Scorpio, after Cactus Jack double-arm DDT'd Scorpio while the referee was knocked out, to win both titles. After the match, Whipwreck tried to return the Television Title to Scorpio, saying that he didn't want to win it that way, before Cactus clotheslined Scorpio to the floor. Cactus Jack became co-holder of the title. This began Jack and Whipwreck's second reign as tag champs, Whipwreck's second as TV champ, and ended Scorpio's third TV Title reign.
- The Eliminators (Saturn and Kronus) defeated The Pitbulls when Saturn pinned Pitbull #2 after Total Elimination.
- Stevie Richards, The Blue Meanie and Beulah McGillicutty came to the ring and told Tommy Dreamer that Raven broke his leg the night before and couldn't wrestle, so Dreamer would have to face Meanie instead. Dreamer pinned Meanie in 12 seconds after a DDT, and pinned Richards in the same fashion in 12 seconds. Dreamer attempted to piledrive Beulah when Raven attacked Dreamer and they had their scheduled match. Raven pinned Dreamer after a DDT on a chair, earning an ECW World Heavyweight Title match later in the show.
- Bruiser Mastino pinned El Puerto Ricano after a powerslam. After the match, Mastino continued to attack El Puerto Ricano before 911 chokeslammed Mastino. Bill Alfonso came out and shoved 911 until Tod Gordon jumped Alfonso. Taz then came out and pulled Gordon off Alfonso. 911 hit a second chokeslam on Mastino before a stare-down with Taz.
- Buh Buh Ray Dudley pinned The Blue Meanie after a top-rope splash.
- ECW World Heavyweight Champion The Sandman pinned Raven to retain the title after a top-rope facebuster slam.
- The Gangstas (New Jack and Mustafa Saed), who subbed for The Heavenly Bodies (Jimmy Del Ray was still in ECW, but Tom Prichard had gone to the WWF to become Zip of the Bodydonnas), defeated The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge and Rocco Rock) when Saed pinned Rock with a roll-up after New Jack hit Rock with a chair. Before the match, the crowd chanted "please don't go" towards Public Enemy, but after the match chanted "you sold out" before eventually applauding them. Public Enemy would wrestle two more matches for ECW before leaving for World Championship Wrestling in January 1996.
- Sabu pinned ECW Tag Team Champion Cactus Jack when Cactus failed a bodyslam and Sabu fell on top for the win. Before the match Cactus Jack said the match would be contested under Olympic rules and brought out NCAA wrestling referee John "Pee Wee" Moore, who then proceeded to go through amateur rules, before 911 came out and chokeslammed Moore, and declared himself the referee.