Depending on which site you believe the 5th Clash of the Champions was held either today or the 15th of Feb 1989.
Subtitled "St. Valentines Day Massacre" in Cleveland Ohio, here are the results:
1989 - Clash of the Champions V was held in Cleveland, OH at the CSU Convocation Center and was nicknamed "St. Valentine's Day Massacre". Here are the results from the show, which was aired live on TBS:
- The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane) defeated The Russian Assassins when Eaton pinned Assassin #1.
- Butch Reed defeated Steven Casey.
- Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat had an in-ring confrontation, with Flair making fun of Steamboat's family and home life, while bragging about his wild party life and women. Steamboat ended up ripping off Flair's clothes and running him out of the ring.
- Lex Luger defeated The Blackmailer (Jack Victory).
- United States Tag Team Champions Mike Rotunda & Steve Williams defeated The Fantastics when Williams pinned Tommy Rogers.
- Ricky Steamboat defeated Bob Bradley.
- Rick Steiner defeated Rip Morgan.
- NWA World Six Man Tag Team Champions The Road Warriors & Genichiro Tenryu vs. Mike Rotunda, Kevin Sullivan & Steve Williams ended in a double disqualification. The original match was scheduled to have Sting, Michael Hayes & Junkyard Dog challenging the Warriors & Tenryu for the belts. However, a ridiculous backstage angle was done where Sullivan locked a gate over a stairwell, keeping Sting, Hayes and JYD from being able to get to the ring. Sullivan and company went to the ring and took the match and after six minutes, Sting, Hayes and JYD hit the ring for a big brawl, ending the cluster in a double DQ. The entire scenario was such an embarrassment that All Japan Pro Wrestling broke off relations with the NWA and wouldn't send Tenryu back to defend the belts. The six-man title was soon forgotten and abandoned.