Monday, October 5, 2009

Brian Pillman

It was 12 years ago today that Brian Pillman was found dead in his hotel room in Minnesota, the same day as the WWF ppv Badd Blood, which featured the first "Hell in a Cell" match.
I was traveling for work and I heard of his death on the radio and that truly was a surreal experience thanks to the cold rain that night it made it seem just creepy. I guess because he was so young and really the first of the active big names to die during the big boom era of pro wrestling it made for a weird evening. Watching the PPV later I noticed that things were just a tad off for the whole crew, I am sure they were all just numb or dazed from hearing the news just a few hours before the show.
However, Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker put on a tremendous main event that night.
Here is a very good tribute video to the "Loose Cannon" Brian Pillman.

No comments:

Post a Comment