Tuesday, July 24, 2012

RAW 1000th Episod

Ok here are my thoughts about the 1000th episode of Monday Night RAW.

The opening with DX was tremendous and was really even better when the New Age Outlaws made their appearance.  Now Xpac still looks like the little brother that they bring along because mom said they had too or they couldn't go...slimy and icky, I dont like him.


Now for the lack of Stone Cold Steve Austin... I couldnt even imagine this show without him but the pulled it off and The Rock did his dead level best to give us his best which led to CM Punk,Daniel Bryan and Cena upping their game last night (just like the glory days) .   Now the reason for Steve Austin's absence was a mystery to most people but it was explained on his blog today
(courtesy of Online Wrestling Network)


Stone Cold Steve Austin wrote a blog on his BrokenSkullRanch.com website
to explain his absence from yesterday's RAW 1000 show. "The reason I did
not attend RAW 1,000 was because I underwent a major knee surgery on my
left knee on July 2, 2012," Austin wrote, saying he watched the show from
his Los Angeles home. The WWE Hall of Famer said that the surgery was a
complete success but he is three weeks post op and just started physical
therapy a few days ago. Austin said that he is still on crutches and then
he's back to wearing a knee brace for around 9-12 more weeks. "There was
no way I was going to limp down the ramp on crutches for RAW 1,000. It
was time to get my knee fixed. The decision to no-show RAW 1,000 was made
by me and no one else," Austin added. Austin said that he's sorry he
missed the show and he would have loved to be there under different
circumstances. "I normally keep my personal business to myself, but due
to feedback and incorrect speculation, I have posted this blog and given
the 411 on why I was not at RAW 1,000."




I can give Steve Austin a pass here because he spent years wrestling when he shouldnt have so he needs this time in his life to heal and get repaired, maybe this will lead to an appearance at one of the major PPVs .. I couldnt even imagine this show without him but seeing all the legends helped.

The Brothers of Destruction made their appearance and fought off several jobbers but it was nice to seem the together one more time.




Lita showed up and looked better than ever and just as gorgeous as when she left (Edge should have been there, but we can't have it all).
JBL looked in tremendous shape and nearly decapitated Heath Slater with his "clothesline from Hell".



CM Punk turning heel is a great move and will give him more room to really ramp up the feud with Cena and maybe even have a heel vs heel with Daniel Bryan.


And of course we had the meeting of Paul Heyman and Triple H, with Stephanie McMahon making and appearance





No comments:

Post a Comment